Wednesday, February 13, 2013

40 Days...Mind, Body and Spirit

Now at 46 I spend more and more time asking, "What is my purpose here at this moment ....this time"?  So, I have decided to do a 40 day mind, body and spirit overhaul.  A purging if you will of all the things that I feel are weighing me down.  This is possibly going to be the hardest transformation in my life to date.  Giving up certain foods, negative thoughts, doubts, fears.....all the things that no longer serve me on this part of my journey. My goal....to be lighter, more loving, more giving,  less harsh on myself and others.  The emotional baggage is  much heavier then the 20 pounds I need to lose.  Giving up donuts will be far easier then giving up the anger, the resentment, the guilt and the pain.  As I come to the end of day one, I am not sure I feel any different....other then being hungry.