Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Cleaning

It's been a long cold winter.  I have accumulated a lot of things that no longer suit me.  I gained five pounds, had heart broken and put myself in a place where stress rules my life.  It is time to shed all those things that no longer suit me.  I have to open the closets, the drawers and take inventory.  There are people and situations that no longer bring joy or light to my life.  Like those old shoes....they may be comfortable but there are holes in the soles.  I need a strong foundation to carry me through life.  I need people who are supportive and nurturing.  I need to surround myself with those who give more then they take.  People who appreciate what I give and don’t take my kindness for weakness.  I must sweep out the pain, the sorrow the darkness and replace it with love, joy and light.