Monday, February 13, 2012

Sad Day......

Have you ever experienced something so life changing that you are amazed by its power? When my mother died 6 years ago, my world was crushed.  She was my best friend and I never thought she would leave me so soon.  After her death, I started my transformation....I set out to redefine myself now that I was no longer a daughter.  I went on a 7 day retreat out in the wilderness of Arizona.  It was the start of my life changing journey.  In the middle of the desert I found God.  Not the god so many people identify with...but my God.  The God that is all loving...not the god we are taught to fear.  My God made me feel consumed with love.  Gone were the guilt and fear I was taught represented God.  When I returned  home, I felt alive...but I needed to connect with other people in my local community who knew this God I had discovered.  By chance and with the help of Google….I found a wise man that helped me to continue my journey.  When I first met him, my old fears told me to be afraid, but my Spirit gave me peace and allowed me to trust him.   A few months after my first meeting with him, he and his partner opened a store in the community.   Since the opening of the store I have been a consistent patron.  Let me say,  this is not just a store...  yes, there is merchandise for sale but its what you can't buy that brings so many to this small store front day after day.  In this tiny little store, located a block from the beach, is the heart of a community.  A place of peace, acceptance, love and serenity.  It is not a college or library, but it is a place where all who enter learn lessons of light and love.  All walk in strangers and leave as family.  My heart is heavy today, because the little store with the big heart is gone.  A devastating fire destroyed my sacred space today.  I am eternally grateful that such a powerful fire, did not harm any of the residents or the firefighters who desperately tried to save the buildings.  I sat at my computer and watched the news videos of  my very special place engulfed in smoke.  I could not just sit here and watch from the comfort of my home.  I knew that the owners of the business would be out there and I needed to be there for them.  I knew there was nothing I could personally do to put out the fire or save the store... but I knew the light and love they had so freely given to me over the years was now mine to return.  You see it was not "chance" or Google that lead me to them...it was God...my God the one who opened my eyes and my spirit to the hidden wonders of the universe.  Although I have a heavy heart, I know that the community created at the
"Sacred Circle"
has nothing to do with the four walls of that tiny store front.  The community consists of the people who walked in the doors empty and left full. The community can not be destroyed...love is eternal.  The community will rally and although the little store is gone its heart beats in us all.  NAMASTE!