Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Remember

Yesterday was six years since you have been gone.  I wanted to feel sad, but for the first time since you left, I felt warm.  I no longer mourn your passing....I now celebrate your life and my memories of you.  I no longer miss you because I know you are here....your love never left. 


Always In My Heart 
 By  K. Elvin
© November 2005 All Rights Reserved


I woke this morning from a dream,
I woke this morning from a dream and you were gone…
Gone from my sight
Gone from my touch
Gone from my arm
Always in my Spirit.
I knew you before I was born
I chose you to be the one who would always be a part of me.
Before I was born you held me close to your heart
In your womb I felt protected and loved
After I was born you held me close to your heart,
In you arms I felt protected and loved.
As I grew and no longer fit in your arms,
You held me close to your heart
By your side I felt protected and loved.
As time went on, I held you in my arms close to my heart…so that you could feel protected and loved.
Although I can no longer hold you in my arms,
I will forever hold you in my heart
Always protected…always loved.
Today is a beautiful day, the sky is clear, the air is warm, the sun is bright and a gentle breeze wraps around me
it carries your spirit,
I feel protected and loved and I know you are alive
You voice the wind, your touch the sun
Today is a beautiful day…
Today one of God’s perfect creatures has returned home.